Friday, November 7, 2008

Charm Pack Quilt

I took pictures of this fun Halloween quilt my friend Rae Ann made using three charm packs from Moda's "Chic or Treat" by Arrin Turnmire. I told her that I would blog about it for her since she has no interest in doing a blog herself. I told her that I would be more than happy to do it since I love blogging so much and sharing with all of you in quilting blogworld. Look for the upcoming tutorial on this quilt.

I did a search on my favorite quilt connection called quiltshops.com and you can still get some of this fabric at the Fabric Shack which is an online fabric store. You can also find it on sale here. I think the stripe she used was from one of last years collections but, I'm sure you can find a stripe that you like.

Chic or Treat made by my friend, Rae Ann.

Here's a great view of the quilt.

I just love the FUN Halloween fabric she used.

Here's a close-up of some of the fabric blocks.

Our next project using this same method will be a Christmas Quilt. We're going to use 3 charm packs from Moda's "Isn't Christmas Jolly?" by Mary Englebright. I'll be putting together a tutorial for this quilt over the weekend so keep an eye open and check back.

6 comments:

Jeanne said...

Thanks for sharing Rae's Halloween quilt. She did wonderful work and it turned out so cute. I'm looking forward to the tutorial.

Busy Little Quilter said...

FUN!!!! I can't wait!!!!

I won't be using a charm pack since I have so many Christmas fabrics, but I'm looking forward to the tutorial!

Micki said...

I love the quilt...it is perfect for the fall.
MIcki
In Ireland

Thimbleanna said...

Blogger ate my comment! I LOVE this quilt -- very festive and cute! A friend just gave me the christmas charm pack -- what size are your blocks? Mine are big -- 8 or 10 inches I think.

Nanette Merrill said...

I hope flora brought your blocks today. She was helping me out a bit. Thanks for your extra blocks.

This quilt is Darling!

em's scrapbag said...

I love Halloween quilts. This is a really fun one. Thanks for sharing it with us.